Re: Change Rights at the PC level

From: Eric Chamberlain (telogix@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/15/02

From: "Eric Chamberlain" <telogix@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:58:53 -0700

"JP" <japerry@jpcs.com> wrote in message
news:1836901c22b8b$6a090620$9ae62ecf@tkmsftngxa02...
> All users have W2K pro.
>
> If I need to change the rights/security of a directory on
> the local PCs. Is there a way I could do this from AD and
> push the security change to the PC level.
>
> i.e. - A directory called simple needs to have full
> control for all users in the domain. It currently is
> only read enabled. I want to push the rights to allow
> all users to have full control... Can this be done... I
> have about 200 PCs, so this would be helpful!
>
> Thx JP

Create a group policy and specify the folder and permissions in the File
System section of the GPO configuration.

Eric Chamberlain
CISSP, CCNA, CCDA, MCSE, CCA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Change Rights at the PC level
    ... The startup scripts runs in localsystem context so you have enough ... > the local PCs. ... > push the security change to the PC level. ... > control for all users in the domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Change Rights at the PC level
    ... If I need to change the rights/security of a directory on ... the local PCs. ... push the security change to the PC level. ... control for all users in the domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Applying Policies
    ... on all PCs on the network, but cant figure out how to push the policies out. ... I have tried restarting the local PCs, and even running gpupdate /force from the cmd line but it still doesnt roll it out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)