Re: Change Rights at the PC level

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/15/02

From: "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:42:17 -0400

If the PC's are XP or W2K you could do it with statrup scripts configured in
a GPO. The startup scripts runs in localsystem context so you have enough
authority to make the changes. With only 200 PC's you shouldn't have too
much trouble with FRS replicating the GPO's and the GPO's applying.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net
"JP" <japerry@jpcs.com> wrote in message
> All users have W2K pro.
>
> If I need to change the rights/security of a directory on
> the local PCs. Is there a way I could do this from AD and
> push the security change to the PC level.
>
> i.e. - A directory called simple needs to have full
> control for all users in the domain.  It currently is
> only read enabled.  I want to push the rights to allow
> all users to have full control...  Can this be done...  I
> have about 200 PCs, so this would be helpful!
>
> Thx JP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Change Rights at the PC level
    ... > If I need to change the rights/security of a directory on ... > the local PCs. ... > push the security change to the PC level. ... > control for all users in the domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Change Rights at the PC level
    ... If I need to change the rights/security of a directory on ... the local PCs. ... push the security change to the PC level. ... control for all users in the domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • problem setting "RecordSource" in Office Access 2007 ...
    ... have a push button ... control at the top of each column in my "overview" ... sort order of the rows in the form to one based on ... > Dim filter As String ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.dao)
  • Re: Speed manager
    ... I have a button on my Janome 6600 that you can push to make it go without using the foot pedal and I've never used it. ... I thought that I wouldn't like not having the control to slow down and speed up when *I* want to do so. ... the speed at the same time with a hand speed control. ... Kate T. South Mississippi ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: When to Pushout
    ... If you push out to a 50/50 shot, you lose control of ... If I needed the win I would push ... out to a 25% shot he's going to give it back to you *every* time. ... 50% chance of winning. ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)