help with home network

From: Eric Spear (espear@glue_no_spam.umd.edu)
Date: 07/14/02

From: "Eric Spear" <espear@glue_no_spam.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:25:22 -0700

Please let me know if this network has any problems from a
security standpoint:

NIC 1:
TCP/IP connected to Broadband ISP
no other protocols or services enabled

NIC 2:
TCP/IP, NetBeui, client and file sharing for ms networks
connected to a hub in my house

I have two pc's in my house, both with the administrator
password set to blank.

The PC connected to the ISP is running ZoneAlarm.

Do I need to set the passwords on my pc's? Since NIC 1 has
only TCP/IP, I wasn't sure if a password was needed.

Are there any other possible problems?

Thanks for your help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: {workgroup}"...is not accessible" after removing NWLINK
    ... I generally reboot the machine whenever I make network ... >problem is a browse service that won?t run on the XP machine using the TCP/IP ... >?The browser has forced an election on network ... >> computer, and one, or preferably two, of the Windows 98 computers. ...
  • Re: gethostbyname() in Multi-homed systems...
    ... NetBIOS over TCP/IP binds to the first IP address for each network adapter only. ... When a NetBIOS name registration is sent out, only one IP address is registered per adapter. ... The default gateway can be different for each adapter. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Rebuild Microsoft Windows XP SP2 - Hardened, comments needed
    ... chipset & other drivers ... Disconnect network cable ... Disable netbios over tcp/ip {no side effect unless u using ... Install graphics driver ...
  • Re: Lets get rid of NMEA
    ... each NMEA manufacturer today is addressing the inadequacies of NMEA ... products for ethernet networking. ... while everyone is hammering on using TCP/IP to replace NMEA: ... better since they reach every device on the network. ...
    (rec.boats.electronics)
  • Re: Minium IP Network Connection
    ... Now I wonder why did you asked for "Minimum IP Network Connection"? ... Try adding "TCP/IP Utilities" component that contain ping.exe. ... > I am basically building a Kiosk PC, that should only have a Internet ... > Netlanep Inf ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)