custom registry values

From: rusma (r_mulyadi@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/13/02

From: "rusma" <r_mulyadi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:15:19 -0700

I am trying to add some custom TCP/IP registry values by
adding them in sceregvl.inf file.
I have problems with adding 2 of the registry values in
the template:

1. how to define the range value for the numeric registry
value (e.g.KeepAliveTime in my case). Based on this artice
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;q315669), I have to define it as a REG_DWORD-Time in
milliseconds. So, here is my additional code in the
sceregvl.inf.

[Register Registry Values]
MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\
KeepAliveTime,4,%KeepAliveTime%,1,%Unit-MilliSeconds%

[Strings]
KeepAliveTime = Keep Alive Time
Unit-MilliSeconds = milliseconds

However, everytime I try to define the value for this new
registry from local security setting snaps-in, the maximum
value that I can entered is 999. I need to be able to
enter value 300000 (as recommended in the article).

2. how to let the registry to add the same registry value
for certain keys (e.g. PerformRouterREcovery registry
value for all interfaces under
System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfac
es\). I cant find a guide to do this using sceregvl.inf.

I understand that I can solve these problems by directly
setting them via regedt32, but since we are trying to
standardize things, including it in a template will be a
better solution.

Any comments and inputs are welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Rusma

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I wish Normal.dot would mind its own business
    ... "Tony Jollans" wrote: ... Press the Windows Logo key and R together ... Press Alt+F4 to exit the registry editor. ... template, I said no all the way through to page closure. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: I wish Normal.dot would mind its own business
    ... "Tony Jollans" wrote: ... Press the Windows Logo key and R together ... Press Alt+F4 to exit the registry editor. ... template, I said no all the way through to page closure. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Pushing out registry entries using GP
    ... If you can't get your template to work, ... We only set the RealmFlags in the ADM file and create the Realm registry ... The ADM file must be applied first in the GPO application order, ... > PSUK5KDC="Set the K5 KDCs" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: howto: remove "extra registry settings" showing in GPO
    ... if the configuration of the ~Policy is = Not ... RsOP.msc is your friend but only to chck the settings and where those ... Using RSOP I identified the keys in the registry that were "EXTRA" (NOT ... registry keys into a template. ...
  • Re: Number Lists that automatically start in a new document
    ... So the poor user who thinks they have deleted it, ... Deleted her normal.dot template and replaced it with someone else's ... Deleted her settings and toolbar in the word registry thinking maybe ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)