Certificate Services and Add/remove Program (part II)

From: Gianluca Pensavalle (gianluca.pensavalle@salvagnini.it)
Date: 07/12/02

From: "Gianluca Pensavalle" <gianluca.pensavalle@salvagnini.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:54:35 +0200

Part II
After some further trials, I discovered that installing first Security
Toolkit with "No need to run IIS" option and then SRP1 makes Windows
component installation in Add/remove Program unavailable. I tried to not
install Security Toolkit and problem disappears. Unfortunately I have many
machines in production with this problem and I can't install them again.
I've already tried to uninstall SRP1, Security Toolkit and to apply SP2
again but nothing changed.

If you have any suggestion, please let me know.
Gianluca Pensavalle

Part I

I installed Windows 2000 Server English with default programs. After that, I
removed IIS5 and related components with Add/remove Program. Apparently
everything worked fine but now I get a strange error message whenever I try
to add any windows components:
"An error was detected while configuring Certificate Services. The
Certificate Services Setup Wizard will be needed to be rerun to complete the
configuration. You must be a member of the Administrators group. The
operation completed sucessfully. 0x0(0)".

which is followed by this second error message:

"An error was detected while configuring Certificate Services. The
Certificate Services Setup Wizard will be needed to be rerun to complete the
configuration. Certificate Services setup failed with the following error:
The data area passed to a system call is too small. 0x8007007a (WIN32:
122)""

Has anyone had the same error? Is there an alternative way to execute
the Certificate Services Setup Wizard?

Gianluca Pensavalle Email: gianluca.pensavalle@salvagnini.it
Information Systems Tel. +39-0444-725111
                                           Fax +39-0444-436404
Salvagnini Italia S.p.A.
Via Monticello di Fara, 42
36040 Sarego (VI)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Provide feedback to DC promotion/replacement
    ... Go to Add/remove Windows components and see if you have Certificate services ... Also, since I am installing the new DC, I wouldn't install anything ... Can you elaborate what the functinal level must be set to Windows Server ...
  • Bullet Proof XP from Malware and Changes
    ... This FREE Windows Utility works on both XP Home and XP Pro and XP Tablet PC editions, other versions of XP and windows are not supported. ... This may at first seem like one is giving up a ton of disk space to use this product, however the results in safety and recovery under almost any malware or accidental change or deletion soon prove to be worth the space. ... The actual space of the toolkit itself is only about 5 Megabytes, you will need to be using a Genuine version of Windows XP and may be prompted to install the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service before being allowed to install the toolkit. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Multiple CA servers
    ... My domain is Windows 2000 AD, ... if there are any problems with deploying a Windows 2003 Enterprise Root CA ... > then install it on a different machine. ... >>I have a high availability app server running with Certificate Services ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: No Certificate Services in XP Pro
    ... Certificate Services doesn't come with Windows XP, Pro or Home. ... clicking Add/Remove Windows Components to install or uninstall Certificate ...
  • Certificate Services Web Enrollment Suport with CA W2K
    ... I have two Servers in windows 2003 Server Standard Edition ... How can I install the Certificate Services Web ...
    (microsoft.public.security)