Necesary / Unnecesary services

From: JosGal (josgal@iespana.es)
Date: 07/11/02

From: "JosGal" <josgal@iespana.es>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:54:08 +0200

I'm reading and reading a lot of Qs and news getting information about what
services are needed for a any particular function in a server.
I've the "Windows 2000 Server Security Operations Guide", but it not specify
what services are required for a Server running, for example, IIS with
Exchange, a simple PDC (Logon Server), a Printer Server, etc.

I'll like to know if there's a list of server funtion to needed services
anywhere.

Thankx to all.

Relevant Pages

  • CEICW Fails at RegisterMSBOExchangeBP
    ... Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection: ... Call to Reading hardware selection returned ok. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateRouterConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading preferred DNS server IP returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • ICW Problem Error 0x80072581 Deleting the DNS record external NIC
    ... I am having major problems with the internet and email connection wizard in sbs 2004, curiously I have internet access however the wizard fails to complete during the network section when I try and add OWA and RWW web services. ... Server connects to the internet and provides access for server no clients attached as yet. ... Call to Reading hardware selection returned ok. ... Firewall Rule: SBS DHCP Client ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange server not running - Urgent
    ... I just rebooted the server and our email came streaming in. ... Call to Reading hardware selection returned ok. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateRouterConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading web publishing selection returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ceicw fails every time
    ... You have to rerun the CEICW to make sure your SBS 2003 server have right ... Calling CCertCommit::ValidatePropertyBag ... Call to Reading OWA publishing selection returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Please Help CEICW Fails At Firewall For RWW
    ... I can log on as a user on to the server and then get the session to work. ... Call to Reading hardware selection returned ok. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateRouterConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading web publishing selection returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)