Re: Security in the real world - IIS lockdown tool

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran)
Date: 07/10/02

From: jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:44:27 GMT

>I attempted to install IIS lockdown tool.
>Then a third party software company attempted to install their software that
>runs with IIS server and the whole thing didn't work. I ended up
>uninstalling IIS lockdown tool and from there the software vendor could
>correctly setup their product.
>
>In that situation, should I be just cool and accept the fact that my IIS
>server is not really well proctected ?
>Security is very nice topic, but I realize more and more that implementation
>is really challenging due to poor third party software products.

Likely your URLScan could be configured to allow the third-party
extensions or scripting and work fine.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Security in the real world - IIS lockdown tool
    ... I attempted to install IIS lockdown tool. ... runs with IIS server and the whole thing didn't work. ... is really challenging due to poor third party software products. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: MS IIS Lockdown tool
    ... Subject: MS IIS Lockdown tool ... I do not have a server that I dare install this on, ... If anyone wants to set this up, or has, I will happily audit the security. ... > locking an IIS server down with this then running a Nessus ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)