Creating user from command line? net user not working....

From: michael (noemail@bleh.com)
Date: 07/09/02

From: "michael" <noemail@bleh.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:12:28 -0700

cusrmgr.exe and addusers.exe are both from the win2k
reskit. however, with AD, i am unsure whether they will
create all the additional user info you can have with
Active Directory.

you may want to look into learning ADSI and scripting your
acct creation with WSH.

michael

a user in Win2K ADS
>from the command line. I've tried NET USER <user>
<password> /add /DOMAIN,
>but to no avail. The server is a mixed-mode server (ie:
serves NT4.0 PCs
>also, so still has the old domain structure).
>
>The net user /add command seems to add the user to the
domain login side,
>but not to the ADS side (ie: there is no user@domain.com
created). Am I
>doing something wrong? Is there another command I should
be using instead?
>I've looked for the addusers.exe in the resource toolkit,
but can't find
>that either. Not to mention, that it seems to be used
for creating multiple
>users - I just want to create one.
>
>Finally, I'm also trying to figure out how to set the
user settings in the
>ADS such as First Name, Last Name, Description and
password options (ie:
>password never expires, or user must change password at
next logon, etc.).

>Does anyone know where I can find a command line utilitiy
for this?

>Thanks!
>
>Eric
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Creating user from command line? net user not working....
    ... I've been unsuccesfully trying to find out how to create a user in Win2K ADS ... The server is a mixed-mode server (ie: ... so still has the old domain structure). ... Is there another command I should be using instead? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Creating user from command line? net user not working....
    ... The server is a mixed-mode server (ie: ... so still has the old domain structure). ... Is there another command I should be using ... > ADS such as First Name, Last Name, Description and password options (ie: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Creating user from command line? net user not working....
    ... it uses ADSI ... >>from the command line. ... The server is a mixed-mode server (ie: ... so still has the old domain structure). ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Format Hard Disk
    ... So it's like that - the 2 files reside only in the boot partition.. ... As you suggested, I opened Command ... No problem....I don't intend to use the programs existing in Win2K. ... - Buy a 100 GByte disk and install it as a slave drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Windows 2000 rqc.exe error
    ... The problem seems to be with how rqc.exe runs under XP vs. Win2k. ... enabled logging by running the command "netsh ras set tracing * ENABLED" ... According to the rqc.log files on each client, ... the rqc.exe attempted to remove the client from Quarantine ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)