Disable explore start menu

From: HPLyons (hplyons1@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/08/02

From: "HPLyons" <hplyons1@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 06:50:56 -0700

Michelle,

This can be done by a GPO :

user configuration \ administrative templates \windows
components \ windows explorer

"prevent access to drives from my computer"

set this setting to disallow c:

You might have already tried this and found it too
restrictive for what you need, but it does work.
Test thoroughly as it might result in some unwanted
restrictions.

Regards,

Howard

Test thoroughly as it might cause
prob,
>but Show Files in the startup scripts GPO didn't work.
>
>Thanks for any ideas,
>Michelle
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TS, GPO, diffent users
    ... Configuration and the User Configuration node of the GPO. ... If you instead configure the setting in the User Configuration ... "Hide these specified drives in My Computer" ... Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Security White Paper ...
  • Re: user settings not applied to computers in ou?
    ... The user configuration portion of a GPO only applies to users who are in the ... OU heirarchy to which the GPO is linked. ... This is it's SOM or Scope ... The computer configuration settings from this list are applied to the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Folder Redirect to NAS Intel SS4000-E
    ... I can't for the life of me think that GPO is doing anything magical ... We are trying to redirect all the user documents folder to a network ... list on the NAS. ... with physical drives through disk management (map to folder, ...
  • Re: Disabling USB mass storage
    ... The GPO works with an Apple IPod ?? ... Steven Hay wrote: ... > Removable drives, yes. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Loopback policy
    ... Without loopback turned on, the Computer Configuration portion of a GPO ... applies to computer objects in the OU heirarchy it's linked to. ... the User Configuration portion of a GPO applies to user objects in the OU ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)