Restricting terminal services to a subnet

From: Tony (tandcwong@attbi.com)
Date: 07/07/02

From: tandcwong@attbi.com (Tony)
Date: 7 Jul 2002 11:10:46 -0700

I am trying to restrict access to Terminal services to all of my win2k
boxes by using ipsec. I am uncheck all boxes under filter action to no
accept unsecure communication. I then bring up ipsecmon and terminal
service to this machine. I can see packets are being encrypted.

On the Terminal Server, under ip filter list. I am only allowing the
source to be any machine from my subnet and destination to be the
local ip.

But when I try to terminal from home with a total different subnet, I
can still access this terminal server with no configuration on the
client.

Please help

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re: Re: prevent users from saving to local profile
    ... However, I use neither Terminal Services, Loopback ... > I don't use the "restrict access" GP setting because it doesn't ... > folder it disappears. ... > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Termal Server BSOD when connecting
    ... I should have clarified that when I try to use Terminal Services to ... miffed about what exactly caused theses boxes to crash when establishing a TS ... > MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)
  • Re: Log on interactively restrictions via GPO
    ... did you mean "add the group to the Allow logon ... Does that restrict access via Terminal Services too? ... >> users to login to the computer only, and not the rest of the computers ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Remote Computer Management
    ... For some reason Terminal Services had become disabled on one of the boxes. ... I too had something that turned of my Terminal Services / Remote ... "broke" Remote Desktop, ...