Re: Whistler

From: Peter Bergler [MS] (pbergler@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/01/02

From: "Peter Bergler [MS]" <pbergler@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:40:39 -0700

Whistler is the codename for BOTH XP (released) and .Net (in beta). We
haven't announced a release date for .Net.

Longhorn is the release after .Net
Blackomb is the release after Longhorn

--
Join the Terminal Server Chat 10 July at 4pm Pacific Time
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/chats/chatroomtn.asp
<Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)> wrote in message
> I haven't kept up with acronyms, but checking it looks like people are
> talking about the .NET beta as "Longhorn".
>
> Am I remembering this wrong, or was Whistler also used to refer to the
> server early on?
>
> --
> Please respond in the newsgroup.  I've still got unread email from the
> week Win95 was released, if that tells you anything.
> http://www.bittnet.com/winremote
> http://www.bittnet.com/scripting
>

> "David Nandell" <dnandell@hlkb.com> wrote in message
> > Ummm, isn't Whistler the codename for Windows XP when it was under
> > development?  Longhorn and Blackcomb are the next in line.
> >
> > Dave
> > <Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)> wrote in message
> > > Paul, you might want to trim down your crosspost list.
> > >
> > > No definite date; there is at least one Release Candidate cycle due.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Please respond in the newsgroup.  I've still got unread email from
> the
> > > week Win95 was released, if that tells you anything.
> > > http://www.bittnet.com/winremote
> > > http://www.bittnet.com/scripting
> > >

> > > "Paul" <dowsett.paul_nospamthanks_@usa.net> wrote in message
> do
> website?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whistler
    ... I've still got unread email from the ... > Blackomb is the release after Longhorn ... >> Please respond in the newsgroup. ... >> week Win95 was released, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Whistler
    ... We start using MVP names to code our projects. ... Join the Terminal Server Chat 10 July at 4pm Pacific Time ... I've still got unread email from the ... >> Blackomb is the release after Longhorn ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Help make Longhorn better!
    ... This is a Windows XP newsgroup. ... Are you also posting this in the newsgroups for Longhorn? ... > For example you get a new nforce4 mobo, and you cant install XP unless you ... > have a floppy drive hooked up so you can feed XP mass storage drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Server 2008 virtualisation
    ... available to the virtual machines. ... Currently network cards floppies ... Is there not a newsgroup for longhorn / server 2008 beta? ...
  • Re: APR website refinements, and taking suggestions.
    ... Darren J Longhorn wrote: ... >>And somebody on this newsgroup knew a guy who worked on this project. ... >Wasn't that Scott? ... I did a Google check- yes it was. ...
    (sci.space.history)