Re: Whistler

From: MVP ()
Date: 07/01/02

From: <Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:15:13 -0500

I haven't kept up with acronyms, but checking it looks like people are
talking about the .NET beta as "Longhorn".

Am I remembering this wrong, or was Whistler also used to refer to the
server early on?

--
Please respond in the newsgroup.  I've still got unread email from the
week Win95 was released, if that tells you anything.
"David Nandell" <dnandell@hlkb.com> wrote in message
> Ummm, isn't Whistler the codename for Windows XP when it was under
> development?  Longhorn and Blackcomb are the next in line.
>
> Dave
> <Alex K. Angelopoulos (MVP)> wrote in message
> > Paul, you might want to trim down your crosspost list.
> >
> > No definite date; there is at least one Release Candidate cycle due.
> >
> > --
> > Please respond in the newsgroup.  I've still got unread email from
the
> > week Win95 was released, if that tells you anything.
> > http://www.bittnet.com/winremote
> > http://www.bittnet.com/scripting
> >

> > "Paul" <dowsett.paul_nospamthanks_@usa.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi there!
> > > Does anyone know when Whistler is due for release?  Alternatively,
do
> > > Microsoft have a roadmap for this product somewhere on their
website?

> > > Many thanks
> > > Paul

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Vista
    ... > I'm glad Microsoft finally gave their next OS it's final name. ... >"Longhorn" was a bit peculiar. ... Whistler B.C., which is situated between Blackcomb and Whistler ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Whistler Personal Edition
    ... Whistler was the codename for XP just like Longhorn was for Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows Vista
    ... Longhorn is better then Vista, all their codenames are better then the ... shipping names, well apart from Whistler / XP. ... I was secretly hoping for Windows 2006. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Ab_wann_l=E4uft_SHGetSpecialFolderLocation?=
    ... Daraus geht wohl hervor, dass man SHGetSpecialFolderLocation ... if (Windows95) ... Denn ich weiss ja, dass ich unter Win95 und nicht unter Longhorn bin, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vc)