Re: Local user and groups rights

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/30/02

From: "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:25:49 -0400

You could do this through ADSI scripting. Also I have a little command line
tool that you could wrap in a script, it is is called LG, check it out on
the free win32 tools page of www.joeware.net.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net
"Shawn Turner" <sturner@unitedheritage.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone new of a command or tool that
> could be used to check the local admin rights of client
> pc.  To some how report who has local admin rights of
> there workstations?
> For example I want to know if an employee has Local admin
> rights of there client PC with out haveing to login to
> there machine and check.  I would like to run this as a
> script or as a tool on the enire network for a report.
> -Thanks in advance
> Shawn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logon script "permission denied"
    ... local admin rights on that machine. ... That has the effect that the script runs in the local machine's SYSTEM context and therefore has sufficient rights to perform the uninstall (again: user logon scripts run in the user's context therefore with the user's permission). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Attempting to Run a script with Admin privileges
    ... We have an admin wrapper here that runs using local admin rights. ... takes focus away from the command prompt window it stops the password ... Here is the script we are using is there anything we can do to get ... around having to bring up the command prompt to pass the password or is ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Attempting to Run a script with Admin privileges
    ... We have an admin wrapper here that runs using local admin rights. ... uses the run as command to kick off a script with privileges but when ... takes focus away from the command prompt window it stops the ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Attempting to Run a script with Admin privileges
    ... We have an admin wrapper here that runs using local admin rights. ... takes focus away from the command prompt window it stops the password ... Here is the script we are using is there anything we can do to get ... around having to bring up the command prompt to pass the password or is ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Local user and groups rights
    ... that using the new version of Windows Scripting Host and the Windows ... > could be used to check the local admin rights of client ... > script or as a tool on the enire network for a report. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)