Re: Can't encrypt file

From: A. Felber (a-felber@t-online.de)
Date: 06/27/02

From: "A. Felber" <a-felber@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:52:20 +0200

I decrypt the whole disk which works fine, but I'm still unable to encrypt
any file.

Do I really need to backup the EFS certs if I now do not have any encrypted
file?

"Robert Gu [MS]" <robertg@online.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is your TEMP encrypted? If yes, tried to decrypt them using cipher /d.
also
> use CD %temp% to see what folder that is. Delete or decrypt all the TEMP
or
> TMP folders. If there are files you needed in these folders, using
NTBackUp

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/administration/recovery/defa
> ult.asp
>

> --
rights.

> Robert Gu [MS Security Developer]
> "Alix" <felberal@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > Yes, I tried it, the cmd: cipher /e /a c:\temp\hugo.txt lets the command
> > window hang.
> >
> > I installed a lot if commercial programs and demo versions, some of them
> > made problems during installation.
> >
> > "Robert Gu [MS]" <robertg@online.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > What programs you have installed and removed? Have you tried CIPHER
> using
> > > CMD window?

Relevant Pages

  • Encrypted Archive with Two Keys
    ... I would like to encrypt an archive (backup set) in such a way that it can be ... key will be used to encrypt the archives. ... has what it needs to unwrap the encryption key and decrypt the archive. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encrypted Archive with Two Keys