Re: Security Tab on File Permissions

From: Andrej Budja (andrej@mvps.org)
Date: 06/26/02

From: Andrej Budja <andrej@mvps.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:38:00 +0200

Why not just set the appropriate security settings so that they can't
change them. Even if you would find a way to disable this tab, users
could still use some command line utility to change the settings.

Bottom line, using correct ACLs is a better way.

Andrej

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:32:28 -0400, "Anthony Ray"
<slipstream69@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi group I would like to hide the security tab when you right mouse click on
>a file from users so they cannot change the properties I would like to do
>this using group polcies but have not been able to find it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Copy and past Active X problem?
    ... I followed your direction using the internet browser Options /Security tab. ... > 4 In the security settings change the security settings from Medium to ... > - Initialized and scripts ActiveX control not marked as safe. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Redirect Block
    ... The web browser uses IE's settings including the lmhosts file, ... your IE security settings to block redirects (last tab somewhere in the ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Somethings removed my Security tab!
    ... Has a lot of stuff relating to spyware. ... that I no longer have a 'Security' tab, ... my access to my security settings. ... >I'm familiar with Explorer, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Problem with Upgrading my SBS 2003
    ... You receive a "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page" message when you try to use Windows Update ... Diego Truffer wrote: ... Tab, click "Internet", ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)