Re: How do I remove file encryption!?!

From: x y (
Date: 06/25/02

From: "x y" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:51:09 -0400

I hate to say it, but I have to. PCs are formatted way too often in
response to virus infections. For most of the common viruses out there,
it's just not necessary. The best way to deal with viruses is always to
first use an antivirus program with the latest updates. If Windows has
unexplained problems after the virus scan, then perhaps a format could be

[It could be that your virus problem did really require a reinstall, I can't
say for sure.]

"Rajesh Patel" <> wrote in message
> Hi I was wondering if someone could help me, I have some
> files that I encrypted. My computer was infected with a
> virus, the hard disk was wiped, but only the files which
> were encrypted remain. I want to access the files, there
> are no other files on the hard disk.
> The operating system is windows 2000 with an NTFS drive. I
> have managed to transfer the files using the backup
> facility onto another windows 2000 setup, but I still
> cannot access the files,or remove encryption!
> Can I gain access to my files?
> Please help!
> Thanx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE Hijack virus survived a full hard drive reformat
    ... The virus didnt survive your formating, ... BTW you cannot format your sys drive within win. ... > I spent the best part of the weekend trying to fix my PC after Internet ... > connection. ...
  • Re: Ghost drive
    ... Try to boot from alternative media and make backup copies of the data files. ... > Virus created ghost drive on my PC ... > managed to format my C drive which it had partitioned to ...
  • Re: spotresults and zestyfind......reformat harddrive?
    ... I have removed zestyfind from client computers in the past with great ... would take to format the drive.... ... it/re-install/get a virus scanner/windowsupdate.... ... Hijackthis should get rid of zestyfind too.. ...
  • RE: How to completely clean hard drive so that no virus or malware is
    ... Assuming a virus, if you have formatted the disk but the virus returned then ... a virus to survive a format UNLESS it's an MBR type. ... computer again stops working showing a blue screen and telling that windows ...
  • Re: XP Home.. Formatting Problemz.. Please help? :D
    ... Kazaa without any form of virus protection.Restoring back to factory ... > I need to have BEFORE I format C:??? ... How did you manage to reset to factory settings? ... I think I changed the security on these folders ...