Re: How do I remove file encryption!?!

From: kurtchan@mindspring.com
Date: 06/24/02

From: <kurtchan@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:24:20 -0700

> If the PC is a DC member, you can ask the recovery agent to recover the
file
> for you.

I have a similar problem, in that I am no longer able to boot from a Win2k
install under which I encrypted some folders, and therefore can no longer
access those folders. I created a new Win2k install and can see the files, I
just can't access them.

I have two approaches - either fix the "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" stop
message so I can boot from the original OS image, or find a way to decrypt
my files from the new image. Since I've tried repairing the OS, updating
drivers and BIOS, etc with no success, I'm trying the latter. Although any
help on the former would be welcome.

Is there documentation on how to use MMC and recovery agents to decrypt
files?

Thanks,
Kurt
kurtchan@mindspring.com