Re: View expired accounts

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/19/02

From: "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:54:17 -0400

Users and computers will not display that info via changed icons.

You can pull it programmatically via ADSI or if you aren't a scripter go get
either secdata or userdump from the free win32 tools page of
www.joeware.net; either tool will produce user dumps with one of the fields
displaying whether the accounts are disabled or expired or locked.

You can use the tools in combination with GREP or FIND or FINDSTR or just
pipe to text files and sort in excel.

--
---
Joe Richards
"Mary Elizabeth" <mel@nwnatural.com> wrote in message
> While auditing our account security, I discovered that AD
> for User sand Computers does not appear to give me any
> indication that an account has expired.  When an account
> is disabled, the icon shows a red X, but there is no
> indication for expired accounts.  I know they are working
> properly because when I try to log in with the account,
> the system returns an error that the account has been
> disabled.  So AD obviously knows the account is no longer
> active - but I can't find any way of returning that
> information via a report, or visually.  Does anyone have
> any ideas?  Or what am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary Elizabeth

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Selection based on partial input
    ... As the account number is entered the above list would display starting in ... contains your sample data starting in cell A1 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: POP3 Connector
    ... Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail folder? ... Does the issue happen when other POP3 user account receive mail from ... Re-register the POP3 Connector event sink in Microsoft Internet ... Enable subject logging and display. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How to Retrieve and diplay the details in the form
    ... the generated ac_no textbox and created a combo box in f1 and bounded to ... but when i change the account number the appropriate fields are not changing. ... a simple query in textbox of ac_no keypress/enter event to run a query ... and get the values of d1 and display in other fields in the form. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • RE: How to Retrieve and diplay the details in the form
    ... Did you set the Master/Child links between main and subform? ... "naveen prasad" wrote: ... but when i change the account number the appropriate fields are not changing. ... and get the values of d1 and display in other fields in the form. ...