Re: Faking administrators accounts?

From: Stephen Souza (ssouza@.usa.#Niner.net)
Date: 06/17/02

From: Stephen Souza <ssouza@.usa.#Niner.net>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 07:56:13 -0500

"Daniel Masur" <d.masur@.d-s-a-g.nospam.de> wrote in
news:eMnyTSfFCHA.2424@tkmsftngp04:

> But what about the uid?
> Afaik, the admin account has the uid 501.
> By simply renaming it the uid should remain the same.
>
> So the renamed admin account would still be gainable by trying
> the uid.
>
> Or am i wrong?

no you are not, a good hacker would recognize the issue and work
with it, but most users and hackers in training wold not know what
to do. It just helps to deal with wanabees and preset scritps.

--
Stephen Souza
remove #Niner from e-mail address

Relevant Pages

  • changing file ownership
    ... I had one admin account with UID 507. ... UID of 505, and I want to eventually delete the old one. ... HD for files owned by 507 and have their ownership automatically changed ... everything on my drive and hose my system. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: changing file ownership
    ... UID of 505, and I want to eventually delete the old one. ... You don't mind loosing your defaults and keychain? ... The real reason why I want to create a new admin account and delete the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)