Re: Windows 2000 Version

From: konstantinos fragkos (kfragos@netscape.net)
Date: 06/14/02

From: "konstantinos fragkos" <kfragos@netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:17:26 -0700

Who can create OEM versions of Windows 2000?

Best regards,
Kostas

"S. Pidgorny [MVP]" <slavickp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The problem is, the public version can be tranformed to "a special version
> with low security and stability" by a OEM or the user... Not special
> versions of files (if no trojan is installed) though :)
>
> --
> Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP, MCSE
> -= F1 is the key =-
>
> "phoenix" <phoenix@fakeaddress.uk.com> wrote in message
> > In article <OKmvbmsECHA.1892@tkmsftngp03>, kfragos@netscape.net says...
> > > I try to find ways to check if the software which i have
> > > in my machine is the public release of Windows 2000
> > > Professional or is a special version with low security and
> > > stability.
> > > Can you suggest any method or process?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> >
> > The public release of WIN2K is 5.0.2195 - right click on My
> > Computer/Properties and you'll see it there. There were no other
> > versions of WIN2K Professional.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Bill

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 2000 Version
    ... with low security and stability" by a OEM or the user... ... > Computer/Properties and you'll see it there. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Windows XP imaging and updating
    ... Preserving OEM Pre-Activation when Re-installing Windows XP ... | the last few MS updates something has changed in regards to activation ... | OEM keys and force users to input the ones attached to their boxes. ...
  • Re: Is "Autorun" a Kernel service or need OEM implementation?
    ... the Explorer shell does not automatically launch applications from ... "Daniel Moth" wrote: ... >> service or is something the OEM need to create. ... >> Best regards and thanks for your attention. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Cant install XP Pro (OEM) on VPC 6.1
    ... That probably explains why I can't install my oem version ... Regards, ... > The OEM copy of Windows XP Pro is not going to work. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • RE: upgrate windows 2000 professional OEM to windows XP Volume Lic
    ... so are You sure that I can upgrate win 2000 OEM to XP Volume Licence? ... Regards ... Kris ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)