Accessing peer's share from local logon

From: MSCA (sir_g_phobos@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/12/02

From: "MSCA" <sir_g_phobos@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 04:57:53 -0700

... just assign appropriate permissions on the Share.

workstation share a folder
>so that a user logged on locally to the second
workstation can access it?
>Ie. from the sharing machine how does one specify rights
for the local user
>on the other machine?
>
>--
>Kenneth Porter
>http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Folder Security
    ... Another possibility is to put another workstation in that location. ... in question from their own or other machines on the network. ... there a way to secure folder access by which machine is trying to access ... permissions apply only to network users. ...
  • Re: Bizzare security behaviour
    ... NT4.0 workstation and all users that logon to any XP Pro workstation?? ... NT4.0 computer try accessing the share via the IP address of the server ... I can open the folder without difficulty. ... I thought the entire POINT of security permissions being on the server is ...
  • Re: permission errors
    ... Is the workstation hard drive formatted FAT32? ... I am having strange problems with permissions for 1 user. ... Started when I wanted to make a backup of a folder on his workstation. ... Verify that you have full access to the working folder and there is disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Must all users be administrators?
    ... Administrators account is a member of Local Administrators on each ... that workstation but, really you haven't done a good thing. ... permissions to control, just read permissions. ... If it's a folder, you can ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Security issues when running login script.
    ... To add Al's comments, just adjust the NTFS permissions on the ... you can use a GPO to enforce the NTFS rights ... on said folder w/out having to give the users local administrator rights. ... for the first person who uses the workstation, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)