2000 Advanced server

From: Ravi.L.R (lrravi@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/11/02

From: "Ravi.L.R" <lrravi@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:48:06 -0700

To,
Dear Microsoft,
I am working as an System Administrator where we have
Three Servers (Windows 2000 Advanced Server)one is for web
server, the other is Exchange 2000 and the other is
Application server.we have 40 clients pc's running windows
2000 proffessional and shortly it will be upgradable to
100 nodes.

Present scenario is :
1. we have 10 departmaents and 5 users in each department
presently and it may exandable up to 10 users.

2. we have created 10 groups pertaining to each department.

3. Now we have to restrict the users of one group meddling
or interacting with the other group.if any group a member
logs in to any pc in my domain he should see only their
group members in the "my network places".

Is it possible restrict between groups,Kindly revert back
to me to with the inputs to achive this goal.

Thanking you,and waiting for ur mail asap,
Regard's
Ravi.LR

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SMBdie exploit testing
    ... I can confirm your results for Windows 2000 servers and professional! ... > It appears that the Restrict Anonymous setting on Windows 2000 ... > Windows NT 4.0 Servers are susceptible to the Smbdie exploit.. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • number 2
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • From Tracker....
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • From Tracker....
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Linux is as buggy as Windows
    ... > gives his opinion and you attack him too. ... Not just Linux, so don't think I'm ... > and details what I've already suspected and stated countless times before- that Micro$oft is playing BigBrother at its Windows Update Sites. ... databases, spread-sheets, games, webservers, ftp servers, secure-shell ...
    (comp.security.misc)