Re: Dealing with script kiddies

From: gerry (germ@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/10/02

From: "gerry" <germ@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:53:00 -0400

same here

"Michael A. Covington (Portable computer)"
<look@www.covingtoninnovations.com.for.address> wrote in message

> "Lanwench" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.yahoo.com> wrote
> in message news:edyjc1HECHA.1764@tkmsftngp05...
> > Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, unfortunately. You
> > need to go to the Microsoft security page and download them there, using
> > discretion as it is not uncommon for one fix to destroy something that
was
> > working fine before (note IIS lockdown utility and Exchange server
> > incompatibilities).
>
> Hmmm, I get lots of security fixes through Windows Update.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... > Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... > need to go to the Microsoft security page and download them there, ...
  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... >> Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... >> incompatibilities). ...
  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... > Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... > need to go to the Microsoft security page and download them there, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... updates now include security hotfixes. ... >Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... >> appearance in IIS logs is due to people running some kind of script, ... I keep Windows Updates current and my system was not penetrated. ...