Re: Dealing with script kiddies

From: Michael A. Covington \(Portable computer\) (look@www.covingtoninnovations.com.for.address)
Date: 06/10/02

From: "Michael A. Covington  \(Portable computer\)" <look@www.covingtoninnovations.com.for.address>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:12:11 -0400

"Lanwench" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:edyjc1HECHA.1764@tkmsftngp05...
> Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, unfortunately. You
> need to go to the Microsoft security page and download them there, using
> discretion as it is not uncommon for one fix to destroy something that was
> working fine before (note IIS lockdown utility and Exchange server
> incompatibilities).

Hmmm, I get lots of security fixes through Windows Update.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS email "Security Update" ??
    ... > The email said to download and install the file: ... will email unsolicited security patches. ... Information on Bogus Microsoft Security Bulletin Emails ...
  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... > Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... > need to go to the Microsoft security page and download them there, ...
  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... >> Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... >> incompatibilities). ...
  • Re: Dealing with script kiddies
    ... >> Windoes Update won't help you with security hotfixes, ... >> incompatibilities). ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog
    ... File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog ... I don't have internet explorer to test but rfc 2616 describes some "security considerations". ... > extension without a sign of EXE, and issue no Security Warning dialog ...
    (Bugtraq)