Re: Win2k Pro Local Groups

From: Robert (robin_sills_jr@albemarle.com)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "Robert" <robin_sills_jr@albemarle.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:17:59 -0700

>No - most corporations don't let users install software.

Does this mean that the administrators at these sites
provide the manpower to assist the user with the
installation of the "required" software?

Perhaps 5-10% of our users will have a need to install
some unusual but required s/w package but it is not a
mainstream install.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... > reducing the number of local administrators we have lurking around ... The idea of contacting your network consultant to install ... > Enter Windows NT. ... > adware and spyware is a commonplace task for the network consultant. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... > number of local administrators we have lurking around our networks. ... > idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... > could install software. ... > operating system on which businesses would depend to conduct their affairs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... number of local administrators we have lurking around our networks. ... idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... commonplace task for the network consultant. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Missing Configuration Tool in 2.0 Redist
    ... The .NET Configuration tool was ... is to install the complete SDK. ... ..NET 1.1 had very granular control of permissions. ... Power users and administrators. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • WSUS Installation SAGA
    ... before calling Install on Server ... Its value is 'WSUS Administrators can administer the Windows Server ...
    (microsoft.public.macintosh.general)