Re: file encrytion recovery

From: D. Cross [MS] (vaq130@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "D. Cross [MS]" <vaq130@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:49:01 -0700

you need to get the recovery agent key that was created when the domain was
first setup (it is the admin account on the first DC in the domain)

see whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/administration/recovery/defa
ult.asp

--
David B. Cross [MS]
"Chris" <chris_laproth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I use domain user to encrytion the file, but i login as
> either domain admin or local admin, but they can't open
> the file. would you mind to give me the step to perform
> decrytion?
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: writing to registry in vista from guest account
    ... Once again, I bring you back to *Virtualization* on Vista, because based on each user, they will have their own VirtualStore in the registry or in case of something happening with the file-system such as a folder. ... By making your application to work with Standard user rights, no UAC escalation or prompt is required for the solution to execute. ... You also don't need a manifest for the application, if it's made to run with Standard user rights and not Admin user rights. ... Like I said, even with UAC disabled, your user admin account is not an account that has full admin rights on Vista. ...
  • Re: Error message trying to download
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I can not apply any updates on any machine in the domain. ... I also tried to log on as the local admin account - still ... I then logged on locally with a local admin account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: How can I change the admin password of all our XP PCs on the doma
    ... You don't go to each workstation and check if that user changed the local admin password. ... If the box has a problem that means you can't use a domain admin account to logon, it is usually quicker to rebuild than troubleshoot. ... If you want to control the Local Administrators on the workstations, just disable the Local Administrator, and then use another GPO or Script that adds a existing security group in your AD as member of the local Administrators on the workstations. ...
  • Re: Group Policy Editor
    ... don't want to let guests run in an admin account. ... If you mean *some* programs - group policy isn't where you do stuff ... Oh - and don't forget to complain to the product developers about ...
  • By-pass security settings on a standalone computer
    ... access to the other admin account). ... I did mention the the boss about being able to do things if there was ... > changing or removing the Admin password does remove access for the = ...