Can't access dynamically created directories via web.

From: Shane (hanebo@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "Shane" <hanebo@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:33:36 -0700

I am posting this for anyone else who needs to solve this
problem that apparently no one else has come across. As
it turns out, I needed to create a virtual directory in
IIS that points to my dynamic folders.
is
>unavailable.
>
>I have a feeling the problem I am experiencing has to do
>with permissions in Windows 2000, although I have set the
>parent folder of the dynamically created folders to
>cascade all of its permissions to its children.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Shane
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Personal Media Drive
    ... > much more knowledgeable about Windows than I am. ... You restrict access by assigning permissions to drives, folders and files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Passwords on Folders
    ... > you to use passwords on folders? ... Windows NT/2000/XP do not natively let you set passwords on folders. ... Windows under which those permissions were defined. ... use NTFS on your hard drives so you can then EFS ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Password Protect Folder
    ... Then when you assign the permissions, you go to Task Manager, Users and log the user out. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> You cannot password protect individual folders in XP. ... You restrict access by assigning permissions to drives, folders and files. ...
  • Re: EMERGENCY: Files lost
    ... Windows XP Home Edition, with SP2. ... or other folders and files at that level. ... Administrator, I do have normal access to all files and folders. ... You now need to edit the permissions of every file (step 6 on my page. ...
  • RE: Weird OWA Problem
    ... Authenticated Users group to access to the following folders: ... Basic NTFS Permissions for IIS 4.0 ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)