Accessing Shared files

From: Bob (ebobyuen@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/05/02

From: "Bob" <ebobyuen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:44:48 -0700

Hi all,

I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

Senario:

Computer-A is a stand alone computer.
Server-B is the Domain Controller (DC)
Server-C is a fileserver.

I'm logged on locally with Computer-A and want to connect
to Server-C to access shared files.

I have a user account on the Server-B (DC)

I have created a local Usersgroup-C on Server-C so that I
can assign permission to. Usergroup-C also includes my
username that I have added from the DC.

I'm now logged in locally on Computer-A. Not connected to
any domain. So why can I not login to server-C, with my
user account from the DC?

I have also created a local account on Server-C and when I
use this account, it works fine. I have sucessfully
mapped the network drive.

So can someone explain to me why this does not work by
using the DC username, but works with the local account.

Yes the permission are set correctly on Server-C.

Thanks in advance.

Bob