Re: Share Permission Problem

From: Paul A Brown (paul@fowlmere.com)
Date: 06/03/02

From: "Paul A Brown" <paul@fowlmere.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:13:42 +0100

Hi,

I connect using \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\x$

Even if I connect as administrator I do not get access.

Thanks

Paul
"Scott Mallet" <smallet@mail.com> wrote in message
> Paul,
>
> The share that you are trying to change is a built-in administrative share
> (i.e.: \\servername\c$) The permissions on this share point can not be
> altered. If you are attempting to access the drive across the network,
then
> connecting to the hidden share should give you full access to the drive.
>
> How are you connecting and to where (UNC path, etc.)??
>
> It might be a simple matter of having multiple share points for the same
> location.
>

> --
> Scott Mallet
> MCP, MCSE, MCT, N+
>
> --
> Scott Mallet
> MCP, MCSE, MCT, N+
> "Paul A Brown" <paul@fowlmere.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have win2000 Server with SP2 installed. Recently (I can't put my
finger
> on
> > when) one of the drives has started to behave strangley. It will not let
> me
> > (administrator) write to it. When I go to look at the properties and try
> and
> > change anything, it says that the drive has been configured for
> > administrative purposes and therefore cannot be changed.
> >
> > What is up?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Paul

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sharing a computer versus its drives?
    ... administrator can access the "hidden" shares on the remote computer ... hidden administrative shares can be accessed only by administrators. ... separate drives in a peer-to-peer network ... administrator to the connected laptop, including all its drives, rather ...
  • Re: Sharing a computer versus its drives?
    ... is there way to connect using a MAC ... administrator can access the "hidden" shares on the remote computer ... hidden administrative shares can be accessed only by administrators. ... connected laptop, including all its drives, rather than having to create ...
  • Re: Question about Group Policies in XP.
    ... Logon as Administrator. ... > drives to NTFS. ... >>> policies under the user account but if I have to set these ... Should I give the user account administrator ...
  • RE: receiving access denied message on all folders in logical partit
    ... logical drives, both terms are correct and somewhat appropriate but in this ... Administrator account (e.g. it may be called Administrator, ... Click on the Ownership tab ... Review the listed permissions configuration and adjust as desired ...
  • Re: Sharing a computer versus its drives?
    ... administrator can access the "hidden" shares on the remote computer ... hidden administrative shares can be accessed only by administrators. ... administrative rights and network access to. ... connected laptop, including all its drives, rather than having to create ...