Error: The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively

From: imran (i.aslam@kav.nl)
Date: 05/31/02

From: "imran" <i.aslam@kav.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 04:40:18 -0700

if this computer is in w2k domain then try to login domain
with administrator of domain and change the local
policy. if still not work. then it mean u change the
localpolicy that no one login local computer.
try to apply gpo to this computer.
success
imran

going out of
>town and never used our RAS server before. This morning
we setup a
>dial-up networking connection and tested the dialup,
which worked
>flawlessly. We tested three times, accessed his Exchange
e-mail, and
>no problems. We then shutdown, re-connected the network
cable to the
>LAN, and booted up. Now when we try to login, we are
getting an error
>"The local policy of this system does not permit you to
logon
>interactively". We are consistently getting this
message, and are
>unable to get logged in to the PC. We have even tried
the local
>Administrator ID, as well as two other local IDs that have
>administrator rights.
>
>I've read through many postings, and tried several
possible solutions.
> We've tried running the Computer Management mmc from the
server, but
>anytime we try to get into the local security settings we
get Access
>Denied (even when attempting the Run As option). We're
stuck. Any