Error: The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively

From: imran (i.aslam@kav.nl)
Date: 05/31/02

From: "imran" <i.aslam@kav.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 04:40:18 -0700

if this computer is in w2k domain then try to login domain
with administrator of domain and change the local
policy. if still not work. then it mean u change the
localpolicy that no one login local computer.
try to apply gpo to this computer.
success
imran

going out of
>town and never used our RAS server before. This morning
we setup a
>dial-up networking connection and tested the dialup,
which worked
>flawlessly. We tested three times, accessed his Exchange
e-mail, and
>no problems. We then shutdown, re-connected the network
cable to the
>LAN, and booted up. Now when we try to login, we are
getting an error
>"The local policy of this system does not permit you to
logon
>interactively". We are consistently getting this
message, and are
>unable to get logged in to the PC. We have even tried
the local
>Administrator ID, as well as two other local IDs that have
>administrator rights.
>
>I've read through many postings, and tried several
possible solutions.
> We've tried running the Computer Management mmc from the
server, but
>anytime we try to get into the local security settings we
get Access
>Denied (even when attempting the Run As option). We're
stuck. Any
>advise?
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange 5.5 server authentication problem
    ... local policy. ... administration terminal services the local log on settings are used. ... > I have a couple of extra accounts other than the administrator account ... > You do not have access to login to this session. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: passwords resetting upon reboot of DC
    ... In the default domain policy or a policy on domain level check the password policy settings and combine the needs with the password from the administrator, maybe they are different and accepted via AD reset but not during login, because to short or if you use password complexity settings it differs from the needs. ... I then login with a different account that has domain admin ...
  • Re: Administrator cant log in locally
    ... the server, thus no remote administration. ... local login the question of 'did a patch or update cause this' makes ... I wouldn't think Microsoft would lock the local administrator ... 'dos' utility that would allow the administrator to change the policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Need help ASAP.
    ... encountered an error "The Local policy of this system does ... not permit you to log on interactively" on a domain ... Administrator, however, the only account that couldn't is ... tries to login, the only message that I have is "The Local ...
  • Re: Must all users be administrators?
    ... The familiar look of the AD objects tree you see in Group Policy Editor is ... This seems modestly confusing to an SBS Administrator because there's very ... those rights happen to be nearly unlimited. ... sit a workstation logged on as the Local Administrator, by default, there ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)