Using xcacls for special NTFS5 permissions query?

From: Rob Longdon (outbugged@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/30/02

From: "Rob Longdon" <outbugged@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:24:30 +0100

Im looking for a solution to this one, I wish to setup a script/batch file
which assigns the following special perms to folders:

Traverse Folder / Execute File
List Folder / Read data
Read Attributes
Read Extended Attributes
Read Permissions
Create Folders / Append Data

I have tried xcacls but you don't seem to be able to set single NTFS5 perms,
only the given R,C,F,P,O,X,E,W,D perms can be used which always seem to give
me more or less then the required ACE.

Any help would be well appreciated as I have over a thousand folders to set
permissions on.

Regards,

Rob Longdon
(MCSE NT4, MCP W2K)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using xcacls for special NTFS5 permissions query?
    ... > Im looking for a solution to this one, I wish to setup a script/batch file ... > which assigns the following special perms to folders: ... > Create Folders / Append Data ... > I have tried xcacls but you don't seem to be able to set single NTFS5 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Folder Creation Rights
    ... Is it possible to allow all domain users access to all files and ... folders on a certain share, yet prevent users from create ... Simply share the folder with the following perms: ... don't add them in the DACL (Discretionary Access Control List) ...
  • CACLS
    ... folders within the sharepoint database. ... inherit parent directory perms). ... In the windows world - this is what cacles / xcacls are ...
  • Re: Cannot Delete A Public Folder
    ... I don't see send as and Receive as as listed perms on my public folder ... and do properties...then the security tab from there... ... > Folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)