Re: recovery console

From: x y (
Date: 05/29/02

From: "x y" <>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:41:08 -0400

What user and security settings? has a list of the available commands in recovery
console. Not many of them do what I think you are trying to do. There is
no Windows GUI. I believe you are able to change registry settings. Note
that you have to make a group policy change, or else you only have access to
a few directories on the computer such as c:\windows\, e.g. no access at all
to floppy or CD.

"Rene" <> wrote in message
> Can I access user and security settings via the recovery
> console in 2000?
> Thanks,
> Rene

Relevant Pages

  • recovery console
    ... Can I access user and security settings via the recovery ... console in 2000? ... Rene ...
  • Re: Set permissions to deny
    ... If you're able to log on to the recovery console maybe you could try ... to run xcacls to change the security settings on your c drive - give ... You find a link for XcAcls at: ... use the repair console to do copy and it ...
  • ActiveX issues
    ... I have installed Trend Micro's Client Server Messaging Suite for SMB ... window displays on both the server and the clients: ... The console is a IE interface. ... the security settings to low and have followed all suggestions from the IE ...
  • Re: Need to write an HTTP server , can i use a webservice with "NOSOAP"?
    ... Well, if I did, the first thing I would do is write the URI to either Debug ... or Console, and then try and hit it separately... ... security settings, and ISAPI filters, etc. ...
  • Re: Linux, BSD, and Unix are fundamentally insecure.
    ... I thought it pretty damn obvious since I mentioned booting from CDROM. ... > have console on serial cable, so console could be even in different room. ... And if I can boot that system from CDROM none of your security settings ... mean a thing nor does the root password. ...