Re: *NEW* TechNet Script Center

From: Yizhar Hurwitz (deletethis.yizhar@mail.com)
Date: 05/26/02

From: "Yizhar Hurwitz" <deletethis.yizhar@mail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:11:36 +0200

HI.

I have visited this nice addition.
I was looking for 2 specific scripts that might be simple (or not) to your
coders, but didn't find them:

* A script to modify AD users properties by group membership.
For example and the basic usage of such will be to change the login script
property of users from the same group .
And similar script to modify users properties by OU.
Is there something like that allready?

* A script to dump a report of NTFS permissions of a drive to text file,
that can be smart enough to show only the points in the tree where the
permissions change.
A sample report can be like this:

D:\ SYSTEM=FC, ADMINISTRATORS=FC, USERS=READ, etc...
D:\DATA ADMINISTRATORS=FC, USERS=FC, etc..
D:\ACCOUNTS ACCOUNTS=MODIFY...
D:\USERS ADMINISTRATORS=FC ...
D:\USERS\ELVIS ADMINISTRATORS=FC, ELVIS=FC...

Is there something similar?

Thanks anyway for any comments.

--
Yizhar Hurwitz
Kibbutz Gaaton, Israel
"Jerry Bryant [MS]" <jbryant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Great new resource on TechNet:
>
> TechNet's new Script Center provides 388 sample scripts from the upcoming
> Windows .NET Server Resource Kit. The scripts are designed to run on
Windows
> XP, Windows 2000, and Windows .NET Server.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
>
> Please post your comments, feedback, or ideas for new scripts.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Jerry Bryant - MCSE, MCDBA
> Microsoft IT Communities

rights.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft Warns of New Windows Flaw (March 19, 2003 )
    ... In WINDOWS SETUP in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS of Control Panel ... Uninstall Outlook Express, ... Java, Javascript, ActiveX and all the other script runner toys Billy ... Install WebWasher the spammers are terrified of free from ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Microsoft Warns of New Windows Flaw (March 19, 2003 )
    ... In WINDOWS SETUP in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS of Control Panel ... Uninstall Outlook Express, ... Java, Javascript, ActiveX and all the other script runner toys Billy ... Install WebWasher the spammers are terrified of free from ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • [NT] Flaw in Windows Script Engine Could Allow Code Execution
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The Windows Script Engine provides Windows operating systems with the ... blocked by Outlook Express 6.0 and Outlook 2002 in their default ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Right click on text vs. right click on hyperlink
    ... I were to do that the built-in Windows way, I have to go down about ... >> me to open in one step the editing page of any archive page in my ... >> contains the below Windows script. ... >> that url and opens the editing page. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Turing of SP2 Firewall via registry entry?
    ... Group Policy that disables the firewall (see WF_XPSP2.doc ... Disabling the Use of Windows Firewall Across Your Network ... you create a script file that is read by ...