Re: Y2K hosting server

From: Bill Belliveau (replytonewsgroup@nospam.com)
Date: 05/24/02

From: "Bill Belliveau" <replytonewsgroup@nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:09:58 -0700

> > Sorry if that sounded a little general. I have implemented many Y2K
servers
> > with AD, BUT the very nature of AD provides a hierarchy
>
> What do you mean by this?

>From what I have seen and used of AD, when you establish a namespace, it
wants to put everything under that namespace in a hierarchial fassion. This
is great if you have a company with an associated hierarchy of department,
etc. But I really want to impliment a server with many namespaces with none
being a root.

Sure I can pop over into the DNS/IIS and set everything up like I would on
NT along with FTP folder permission, but I was wondering if there was any
paradigm changes that I should note before proceeding. Perhaps these web
sites could be entered into AD which idealy would take care of user
seperation, website files, DDNS, ftp rights, etc. In this area I'm gray on
what AD offers. I've been using NT since it was 3.1 but for the past couple
of years I've doing more programming than admin and I have a bit of catching
up to do.

Does E2K offer the kind of features I'm looking for?

Thanks for the thoughts,
Bill

Relevant Pages

  • PXE Service Point and P
    ... One of the aims of our SCCM upgrade project is to simplify the hierarchical ... If we install PXE Service Point role to branch servers, ... PXE Service Point role is installed on a server, a distribution share is ... Any other suggestion that will enable us to construct a simpler hierarchy ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: << uk.rec.gardening >>
    ... carrying the hierarchy use their power of UDP on the originating ... servers of such floods if they fail to respond to LARTs. ... the significant news servers on the planet. ... What you're talking about is a hierarchy-specific UDP against a couple ...
    (uk.net.news.config)
  • Re: resolver doesnt see resolv.conf changes
    ... but what kind of hierarchy does it defeat? ... DP>> DP> first query to root DNS server, and then will walk down domain ... DP>> DP> query root servers defeats just the provider's DNS cache. ... ISP clients are rarely interested in internal ISP's .local domains. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • SMS 2003 Site Components ALL SHOW STOPPED
    ... I have multiple secondary sites that were just installed in a large ... The hierarchy has 1 central site, ... the site components all show stopped but using the SMS Service ... I have had this problem three times and now all of the new servers are ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Merge Replication Topology and Virtual Machines...
    ... What do you mean by we should have "2-3 or even more levels to your hierarchy"? ... 2-3 or more IIS Web Synchronization servers? ... Looking for a SQL Server replication book? ... Our current topology is a Centralized Publisher and Distributor, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)