Re: windows doesn't start after update Q320206

From: Russ Levanway (rlevanwa@cuesta.org)
Date: 05/23/02

From: "Russ Levanway" <rlevanwa@cuesta.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:19:45 -0700

Use Task Manager to run Explorer.exe. If Explorer launches, then go and
uninstall the security update and reboot again.

"Vadim" <vadimnews_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for some help.
>
> I have installed latest security update Q320206. The update required
> windows to be restarted. After I have restarted windows, windows goes
> throgh starndart startup, but instead of showing desktop, it has black
> screen, with only cursor visible and nothing else (I ussualy have black
> background). Pressing Ctr-Alt-Delete will bring usual box, and I can
start
> Task Manager. I tryied to start windows in safe mode, the same result
> (except that there are safe mode nitice on the screen.)
>
> Any recomendations?
>
> Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: problem please help
    ... > Windows Programs menu and task manager. ... Task manager process didn't show anything with high cpu usage ... Restarted in safe mode, was just as slow, and ran VirusScan ... particularly since this is a laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Desktop with no icons or start menu
    ... I cannot log into safe mode in Admin. ... Now, if I go to Services under the Task Manager, what precisely do I need to ... How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP ...
  • Re: explorer
    ... Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. ... Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening ... You might want to start in Safe Mode to run your antivirus and anti-spyware ... How to start Windows in Safe Mode Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sticky Computer Problem:
    ... safe mode is one of the options. ... but then how do you run all your Windows apps? ... Capicom - Security Update for Capicom ... Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Weird Errors
    ... Reboot into Safe Mode a run a full system virus scan. ... Some viruses and other malware like to conceal themselves in areas Windows ... Same for Task Manager. ... select the Find Target button under the Shortcut tab. ...