Re: Transferring Users/Groups to other machines

From: JK[MS] (karthikj@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/22/02

From: "JK[MS]" <karthikj@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:45:11 -0700

You should really consider having a domain when you want to have centralised
database of user accounts and having to access multiple machines.
Even if you find third party tools to sync local accounts across machines
you will have to put up with a lot of latency issues.

--
JK [MS]
[This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
"James" <webmaster@firstlutheranredlands.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a some small peer to peer worksgroups. Is there a
> way to propogate users/groups from one machine to another
> without recreating them manually on each machine?
>
> I've tried searches but have come up empty handed, any
> ideas are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Vista file sharing
    ... How do I share between machines instead of people? ... Create user accounts for Bob and Sally on both machines (making ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...
  • Re: seeing another computer on a LAN
    ... I tried to change the user name from "User" to "Administrator" but got the message "An account named 'Administrator' already exists..." ... If you are able to see a user called Administrator on one of the machines in Regular Mode, ... create matching user accounts on both machines. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
  • Re: LDAP + Proxy + Browser
    ... enter this information in the browser and force the browser not to ... network in that case). ... have fixed IP or MAC addresses, I cannot rely on the user accounts on ... their machines or in fact anything else on their machines. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: workgroup/file sharing
    ... Create matching user accounts and passwords on all machines ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a ...
  • Re: Changing User Name
    ... need to create new user accounts, all named the same or whatever you like. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)