Re: Problems with adminstration permissons

From: Dave Shaw [MVP] (dhshaw@NOSPAM.msn.com)
Date: 05/22/02

From: "Dave Shaw [MVP]" <dhshaw@NOSPAM.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:31:53 -0400

Restore the account from backup? I assume you have backups?

-ds

"Michael" <michael@esi-midlands.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have upgrade our Intranet server at work and we deleted
> a user from the records. The user in question had solely
> admin. rights on a certain machine and now we have made
> him a new user the computer does not recoginse him as the
> correct user, so he can't add software.
>
> how can we change his permissions so we can add new
> software.
>
> PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mail.app, gmail, and a reformat and reinstall of snow leopard
    ... should mention, worked just fine with the panix account, but panix is a ... I've not seen that particular error as part of an upgrade problem. ... Is your backup a clone, a Time Machine backup, or something else? ... email to oshea dot j dot j at gmail dot com. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: User authentication
    ... I have to maintain separate account management. ... If I use Windows backup ... However, if possible, I would like to use Windows authentication as opposed ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • Re: Changed Name & Lost Access
    ... where xxxyyyzzz is the new password for the thomas account. ... internal disk protects you against about 30% of the usual ... backup system is one that has the backup medium kept ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: "Remove files older than" does not work
    ... This is likely to be either a permissions problem or a sharing violation ... account is the security context for jobs, ... delete an expired backup. ... SQLServerAgent startup account is LocalSystem, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Removing old transaction log backup files