win2k group membership cache?
From: Anthony Your (email@example.com)
- Next message: Lanwench: "Re: laptop security"
- Previous message: Jessie: "Re: laptop security"
- Next in thread: JK[MS]: "Re: win2k group membership cache?"
- Reply: JK[MS]: "Re: win2k group membership cache?"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Anthony Your" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:31:24 -0400
here is the environment:
3 win2k AD controllers (running pure AD)
win2k webservers, etc.
I have NTFS permissions set using domain groups on folders used by IIS on
member web servers. If I change group membership and force sync the AD
controllers, it still takes several hours for the permissions to propagate.
I don't know if IIS caches group membership or if it is the NTFS file
system. Can I force a flush of this cache? Or do I have some other problem
such as a GPO or some setting in the domain? Restarting the server or the
webservice every change is not an option...sorry.