Re: password refused

From: John Holden (jhholden@adelphia.net)
Date: 05/18/02

From: "John Holden" <jhholden@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:59:26 -0700

Did you try logging in as Administrator and resetting the account password?

"martin" <martin@gintronic.com> wrote in message
> One of my machines running W2000 refuses it's password.
> As of yesterday it will no longer boot. Nothing has changed
> and the password is correct. However W2000 says "password
> incorrect". I am the only user and there is only one password.
> Is there ahy way I can get in to reset or change the code?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: password refused
    ... >One of my machines running W2000 refuses it's password. ... >As of yesterday it will no longer boot. ... Syskey or other password? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • password refused
    ... One of my machines running W2000 refuses it's password. ... As of yesterday it will no longer boot. ... Is there ahy way I can get in to reset or change the code? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Computer Account Password Options
    ... The computer account password is a system generated password which you have ... prevent it's resetting and that's about it. ... If it makes any difference, the clients are primarily Windows XP SP2, ...