Re: Holes in Session Security?

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/18/02

From: "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:55:56 -0400

I think I know what you mean. If it is what I think you mean than yes this
is corrected. However if the VB program is actually making a drive letter
connection (like NET USE) to the remote resources then no, the local loged
on user will also be able to get to the data. W2K is much better at keeping
the sessions separated so that one context app will not bleed into another
context app, but again if a permananent style connection is made with the
higher context app then all bets are off.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net