Re: Windows Update failure?

From: V4 (dontmailme@overyonderblueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 05/18/02

From: "V4" <dontmailme@overyonderblueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:45:02 GMT

I don't know about flaky but it just downright fails to get past the Applet
for me :(

"Lanwench" <lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Windows Update has been flaky lately for me, too. It may not be your PC.
>
> "V4" <dontmailme@overyonderblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I've been unable to manually run Windows Update recently, despite it
> working
> > flawlessly for me before. I get to the Applet which works out what
patches
> > may need and I get an IE error report send/don't send box and it closes
> > down.
> >
> > I've re-installed IE6 and it still happens so I hope it's not my system.
> >
> > Does anyone else get this or am I alone?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem sending through XP
    ... >the applet. ... to install Java. ... >having trouble getting Windows Update to work as well, ... Check Account settings in OE in Tools, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: different behavior on different machines, same JRE/IE
    ... I ran Windows Update and it said there was a update for my ... Reboot and tested my applet - same problem. ... Next I changed my video mode from 1280x1024, 32bit color with fonts ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Does Microsoft realize they have a major flaw in Windows XP?
    ... I can't seem to get Windows Update to ... > actually load and run the "checker" applet and I'll be damned if I can ... >>> of XP, incorporating the many known security loopholes, and all ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Windows Update failure?
    ... I've been unable to manually run Windows Update recently, ... I get to the Applet which works out what patches I ... Does anyone else get this or am I alone? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)