Re: Windows Update failure?

From: Lanwench (lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com)
Date: 05/18/02

From: "Lanwench" <lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 23:24:27 -0400

Windows Update has been flaky lately for me, too. It may not be your PC.

"V4" <dontmailme@overyonderblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've been unable to manually run Windows Update recently, despite it
working
> flawlessly for me before. I get to the Applet which works out what patches
> may need and I get an IE error report send/don't send box and it closes
> down.
>
> I've re-installed IE6 and it still happens so I hope it's not my system.
>
> Does anyone else get this or am I alone?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How would I uninstall RU2? Should I?
    ... Among the 40+ updates I installed on my first visit on 11/10/05 to Windows Update were RU2 and a fix for RU2. ... In view of the problems I've read about here, I wonder if I should uninstall RU2 now before I have anything invested in MCE for RU2 to screw up. ... Or should I just leave it alone at this point? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Windows update error
    ... You're not alone! ... unable to fix the problem. ... > Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested ... > I have been in contact w/MS via email but nothing seems to work. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista Service Pack 1 - stand alone version
    ... Start a free Windows Update support incident request: ... | they're stand alone versions yet you're not advised to download the stand ... download the stand alone version, hope that fixes windows update but risk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: V5 Update Error 0x80072EE2
    ... You are not alone in this matter.The same happened to me also. ... number you got means "internet timeout". ... I like the features that have shown themselves ... > Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: .NET 1.0 Service Pack 3
    ... Just so you know you are not alone with this problem - I have exactly the ... > Pack 3, whether from Windows Update, or manually. ... It doesn't matter if it has ... > package. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)