Re: 2 sites, 2 domains child or trust? best way to implement?

From: Jessie (notforyoutoknow@nowhere.com)
Date: 05/18/02

From: "Jessie" <notforyoutoknow@nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:34:15 -0600

i want to have the domain in mass. swansee.mydomain.com and the
> one in rhode island exeter.mydomain.com.
>
> if i set this up, how will i be able to create a trust between them?

Set up a root domain called mydomain.com.
Make the Mass. domain a child domain called swansee.mydomain.com and the RI
domain a child domain of mydomain.com named exeter.mydomain.com.

The trust is automatically set up between each domain in the forest.

my
> other question is, i have all the resources to set anything up, but i am
> unsure on how to do this, seeing we only have 2 servers. one at each site.
> we are going to set up a lan to lan vpn connection between each site. or
do
> these two sites have to be a child domain of mydomain.com? i am unsure on
> how to implement this in the best way. any ideas would b great. thanks!

For the above you need at least 1 more server for the root domain, I would
suggest you have 2 DCs in each domain.

hth
jo MCP MCSE W 2k MVP

"Gabe Matteson" <gabematteson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have one sit in mass. and one site in rhode island... each site has a
> dedicated internet connection, we host our own email and web server. my
> question is, i want to have the domain in mass. swansee.mydomain.com and
the
> one in rhode island exeter.mydomain.com.
>
> if i set this up, how will i be able to create a trust between them? my
> other question is, i have all the resources to set anything up, but i am
> unsure on how to do this, seeing we only have 2 servers. one at each site.
> we are going to set up a lan to lan vpn connection between each site. or
do
> these two sites have to be a child domain of mydomain.com? i am unsure on
> how to implement this in the best way. any ideas would b great. thanks!
> - Gabe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: JPS got to write a law.
    ... Rhode Island, I will forgo the pleasures of the MA coastline and make ... probable cause or a search warrant. ... Mass has always been a nightmare for handgun owners. ... He landed at Bradley and took a rentacar to a meeting in Mass. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: emailto character limit
    ... I use Eudora and it works fine for mass mailings....I am doing exactly ... a mailing like your talking about because it looks to much like a SPAM ... etc) I can use after the mailto: ... but many of the recipients' servers will block or filter out bulk ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage)
  • Re: For Chris, Who Will Probably Never See This, I Suppose
    ... mass and develop its own momentum once again. ... Internet is via a rather pricy 3G modem ... All the the ISPs I've had since leaving Netaxs no longer have Usenet ... getting the addresses of the servers that are still operating (Eternal ...
    (soc.motss)