Re: 2 sites, 2 domains child or trust? best way to implement?

From: Jessie (notforyoutoknow@nowhere.com)
Date: 05/18/02

From: "Jessie" <notforyoutoknow@nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:34:15 -0600

i want to have the domain in mass. swansee.mydomain.com and the
> one in rhode island exeter.mydomain.com.
>
> if i set this up, how will i be able to create a trust between them?

Set up a root domain called mydomain.com.
Make the Mass. domain a child domain called swansee.mydomain.com and the RI
domain a child domain of mydomain.com named exeter.mydomain.com.

The trust is automatically set up between each domain in the forest.

my
> other question is, i have all the resources to set anything up, but i am
> unsure on how to do this, seeing we only have 2 servers. one at each site.
> we are going to set up a lan to lan vpn connection between each site. or
do
> these two sites have to be a child domain of mydomain.com? i am unsure on
> how to implement this in the best way. any ideas would b great. thanks!

For the above you need at least 1 more server for the root domain, I would
suggest you have 2 DCs in each domain.

hth
jo MCP MCSE W 2k MVP