Re: Event ID 5719

From: David Dickinson [MVP] (eis.no-spam@softhome.net)
Date: 05/15/02

From: "David Dickinson [MVP]" <eis.no-spam@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:59:23 -0600

Stephen O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with the above event. I've got a Win2k Server set
> up with IIS running (running on a Win2K domain). This server is used
> in our production environment as an FTP Server. Users access this FTP
> site by dialing there ISP and opening an FTP session with this server
> and authenticating using local user accounts. I think this 5719 event
> ( http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5719&sourceappens
> when these remoter users access virtual directories on our server.
>
> I suppose the question I'm trying to ask is how I can change the
> authentication to domain rather than the local server authenticating
> the logon.

HOW TO: Configure FTP Folders and Permissions for Domain Authentication in
IIS (Q310723)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q310723

--
David Dickinson, MVP
EveningStar Information Services

Relevant Pages

  • Help with IPFW + NATD + Passive FTP
    ... passive FTP connections through IPFW with NATD enabled. ... $cmd 005 allow all from any to any via dc0 ... # Interface facing Public internet ... # Allow out access to my ISP's Domain name server. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Client Computers cannot upload or download from Remote FTP ser
    ... SBS External NIC - Cannot FTP From this server ... SBS Internal NIC ... FTP server is Checked in Routing and Remote Access - Internet Connection - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: FTP PUT with Store Unique
    ... The best list for topics related to the Communications Server IP ... command or vice versa. ... Instructs the FTP client not to include a name with the STOU ... -- If NONAME is in effect, no name string specifying a foreign_file value follows ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • RE: Client Computers cannot upload or download from Remote FTP ser
    ... Only FTP via the MS DOS FTP Client ... The server that works is a member of the SBS's Domain, BUT as I indicated, ... the router, not the SBS server. ... The client event log has nothing related logged. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is this a 3-Leg Perimeter scenario?
    ... Do you mean the FTP server is hosted on the ... to control the traffic to not go though ISA but go to SmoothWall directly. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)