Re: Event ID 5719

From: David Dickinson [MVP] (eis.no-spam@softhome.net)
Date: 05/15/02

From: "David Dickinson [MVP]" <eis.no-spam@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:59:23 -0600

Stephen O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with the above event. I've got a Win2k Server set
> up with IIS running (running on a Win2K domain). This server is used
> in our production environment as an FTP Server. Users access this FTP
> site by dialing there ISP and opening an FTP session with this server
> and authenticating using local user accounts. I think this 5719 event
> ( http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5719&sourceappens
> when these remoter users access virtual directories on our server.
>
> I suppose the question I'm trying to ask is how I can change the
> authentication to domain rather than the local server authenticating
> the logon.

HOW TO: Configure FTP Folders and Permissions for Domain Authentication in
IIS (Q310723)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q310723

--
David Dickinson, MVP
EveningStar Information Services

Relevant Pages

  • Help with IPFW + NATD + Passive FTP
    ... passive FTP connections through IPFW with NATD enabled. ... $cmd 005 allow all from any to any via dc0 ... # Interface facing Public internet ... # Allow out access to my ISP's Domain name server. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Client Computers cannot upload or download from Remote FTP ser
    ... SBS External NIC - Cannot FTP From this server ... SBS Internal NIC ... FTP server is Checked in Routing and Remote Access - Internet Connection - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: FTP PUT with Store Unique
    ... The best list for topics related to the Communications Server IP ... command or vice versa. ... Instructs the FTP client not to include a name with the STOU ... -- If NONAME is in effect, no name string specifying a foreign_file value follows ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • RE: Client Computers cannot upload or download from Remote FTP ser
    ... Only FTP via the MS DOS FTP Client ... The server that works is a member of the SBS's Domain, BUT as I indicated, ... the router, not the SBS server. ... The client event log has nothing related logged. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IIS 6.0 FTP
    ... That's the point I'm making--you are testing the wrong server. ... your FTP server is ftp.kilduff.com. ... than IIS? ... I understand your have the order entry program, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)