Add/Remove Programs Restriction

From: Georges Carraha (CarrahaG@arubadigital.com)
Date: 05/15/02

From: "Georges Carraha" <CarrahaG@arubadigital.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:53:40 -0700

Hello

When we try to run the Add/Remove programs applet, we get
the following message:

  Add/remove Programs has been restricted. Please check
with your administrator.

We are logged in as administrator and we have tried
everything we know to remove this restriction. We have not
been successful.

How may we resolve this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why cant I run any setup programs?
    ... How are you trying to install? ... XP is through add/remove programs. ... >suggested, and now I can log in as Administrator, but it ... >or other settings for the Administrator account that I ...
  • RE: Add Remove programs has been restricted. Please check with your Ad
    ... I know this isnt a fix, but maybe you can work around it ... > I'm our domain administrator, I log on server as an administrator locally. ... > When I try to open Add/remove programs from Control Panel. ... I can not open Add/remove programs from Control Panel. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Add/Remove Programs Restriction
    ... > When we try to run the Add/Remove programs applet, ... > Add/remove Programs has been restricted. ... > We are logged in as administrator and we have tried ... to see if any policies are being applied. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)