Re: Admin password

From: Dan Hill (dwh6@__po.cwru.edu)
Date: 05/15/02

From: Dan Hill <dwh6@__po.cwru.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:02:17 -0400

On Wed, 15 May 2002 08:46:52 -0400, Stephen Souza wrote:

> "Craig H" <cholmberg.gandh@verzon.net> wrote in
>
>> Someone messed with my computer yesterday and now it logged under some
>> other user. I'm trying to log on under administrator and I'm pretty
>> sure I didn't put a password in when I set this machine up. Does
>> Windows 2000 set some kind of default password or is there some other
>> way to get into my machine as administrator?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>

> Subject: Re: forgot admin password on pro
>
> http://www.nmrc.org/files/snt/index.html
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
> http://www.dmzs.com/tools/files/
>
> These sites will help you with your problem.

The ntpasswd boot floppy works very nicely. I have used it many times on
both NT and Win2k.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Admin password
    ... > Someone messed with my computer yesterday and now it ... > administrator and I'm pretty sure I didn't put a password ... Does Windows 2000 set some ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Adminstrator Password Change V2
    ... In the right pane, right-click Administrator, and then click Set ... Pro M70 laptop in which I've just reinstalled Win XP Pro SP2 from the ... installed Win XP Pro SP2 from the Toshiba Recovery Disk ... set an Admistrator Password during the installation of XP Pro SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [Reinstall XP Pro?] Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete Grayed Out
    ... seriously considering reinstalling XP Pro from scratch. ... >>as Administrator (although my account, ... >>control panel to function as normal. ... >>so please direct your response as a reply to this ...
  • Re: "user does not have access privileges"
    ... I do not know what is up with the briefcase behavior, ... but I notice you have Pro, and Pro does allow login ... with Administrator without halting use of the Welcome ...
  • Re: upgrade.
    ... >> I have a friend that purchased XP home and wanted to ... >> upgrade to Pro, does she have to bye an upgrade cd to pro ... entries, Administrator account changes to program security settings, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)