Re: No Access to IP adress

From: x y (
Date: 05/15/02

From: "x y" <>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:30:59 -0400

If you're talking about the ability to change the IP address on the machine,
I believe it's not possible. You could change the permissions on the
registry keys that contain the IP address, but any administrator can take
ownership and change them back.

"Johan Thomas" <> wrote in message
> How can i deny the access to the IP adress in Windows 2000 even if the
> has administrator privileges (without being THE administrator)
> Thanks in advance
> Johan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need to execute a program with elevated permissions all the ti
    ... touch such poorly written software. ... If you know which registry keys you need to modify ... the permissions for these keys. ... "Administrator" group. ...
  • RE: SP1 OWA, .Net and W3SVC errors
    ... This error eappears whenever a user who is not an Administrator attempts to ... To resolve this issue, set the permissions to the required registry keys, ...
  • Re: registry will not edit or delete items
    ... However I keep getting messages that I do not have permissions. ... What I am trying to do is remove items related to McAfee ... In Safe Mode, logged on as Administrator, change the ownership of the ... registry keys and then you will be able to delete them. ...
  • Re: Force IE x86 call from script in x64 system
    ... update the software to do Registry keys, ... line programs to do the equivalent of taking ownership ... and then changing permissions. ... Another possibility is to log in as a *real* administrator: ...
  • Re: Restrict file permissions for administrators
    ... permissions" for the folder for the user. ... the administrator of the first dc in the domain. ... > file properties and security settings but deny the ability ...