Re: Lost password

From: Thomas Wespel (
Date: 05/15/02

From: (Thomas Wespel)
Date: 15 May 2002 00:42:48 -0700

Hello David,

the easiest way to reset the passoword is the CIA Commander. This is a
one boot-floppy-solution that gives you after a 10 second boot time
full grafical access to NTFS-based WindowsNT/Windows2000 computers.
It offers a Norton like Filemanager, a grafical Registryeditor and a
grafical Usermanager with chance to change the password of any user.
Compared to other solutions around it has direct support of almost any
SCSI/RAID Controllers and many features others don't have like a
integrated text/hex editor, unlocking of locked accounts, display of
users that have an emtpy password ....
You can download a free evaluation version from (English)
or (German).

The full version of this "swiss army knife" for NT/2000 administrators
sells for 249.00 USD. The license is per administrator independant how
much computers your organisation uses.

More information is provided on

You can order the english CIA Commander at

NOSPAM: Remove the digits in the E-Mail to nswer me

"DAVID CROWTHER" <> wrote in message news:<30bb01c1fb49$d9dc91a0$19ef2ecf@tkmsftngxa01>...
> I use Windows 2000.
> I have very simple -and up to now effective - passwords
> which mean I never forget them.
> Somehow in changing the password I have put a wrong
> password in not once, but twice.
> Having tried literally hundreds of combinations near to
> my "normal" ones I have failed miserably to get access to
> my machine.
> How can I now get access or "kill" this duff password?
> Thanks
> David Crowther

Relevant Pages

  • Re: BSOD due to base????32
    ... | Thanks david that worked like a charm!!! ... I've seen two computers in the past week with problems that may be related. ... Any Windows computer that tried to access these drives got the same BSOD even when the drive was connected via a USB adapter. ... It looks like something is trying to alter the partition table in an attempt to hide but failing miserably. ...
  • Re: (OT) : DaviDs View of the US Space Program - Putting American Dicks In Space
    ... once again david - you boggle the mind ~ RHF ... of programs set up by NASA. ... As I recall the Columbia had 5 analog computers that had to ...
  • Re: More B-Con pictures
    ... I've spoken with tougher cookies than David about computers. ... had far more time to converse with my friends than I did before I figured ... Mark Alan Miller ...
  • Re: Wiped out registry for Internet Explorer
    ... >see if this fixes your problem by reinstalling IE. ... >> Turned out that Internet Explorer was just leading me ... >> working with computers most my life.. ... >> David Brook ...