Re: Firewall?

From: Lanwench (lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com)
Date: 05/14/02

From: "Lanwench" <lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:50:30 -0400

BlackIce has gotten a lot of good reviews, but frankly with a production
server I'd strongly recommend a separate firewall that can do stateful
packet inspection, etc..

"JB" <j_bello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the best bang for the buck software firewall for W2k advance
server?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strange bug: application dies (partially) after restart
    ... The pages that seem affected are all the pages that have a "session state". ... Our server is generating both stateless and stateful ...
  • Re: Adding a new server
    ... you might need to look at an Antivirus suite for the server if ... Trend's CSM and GFI's mail essentials come to ... They do have a separate firewall, ... >>> The server is used for many purposes so I don't want to jeopardize the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TTL again
    ... > A singleton won't work because I'm using a class factory to create my ... This is because the server needs to be stateful. ... returning null for InitilizeLifeService will cause the object to live forever not just for the life of the application but for the life of the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: Adding a new server
    ... They do have a separate firewall, ... The server is used for many purposes so I don't want to jeopardize the ... You cannot take the SBS licesnce of Exchange and load it on another ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Migration SBS2003 sp2 to Server 2008 & Exchange 2007
    ... I'm also planning to do the same type of migration and have done my ... Business Server to the 'regular' Windows Server line. ... the past however we currently use a separate firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)