Re: System Log tools

From: Søren Maigaard (spam@maigaard.com)
Date: 05/13/02

From: "Søren Maigaard" <spam@maigaard.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:05:27 +0200

I have a similar problem, though without the Linux situation. I just want to
get a graphical overview of the event logs (that is, how many pages did
Julia print in March, are there a lot of bad password attempts, who has
accessed file x.doc and when etc). We have a lot (lots and lots) of data in
our event logs, but it takes forever to find the relevant data.
Anyone know of a program that will read my event logs from multiple servers
and generate a report with the data I want?

TIA,

- Soren

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SBS2003 BPA Journal Wrap Error
    ... does indeed report previous conditions. ... You can ignore the BPA on this issue, and could even hide the alert, if you ... I recently ran SBS2003 BPA which reported a Journal Wrap condition. ... These looked successful as far as event logs have reported. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2003 BPA Journal Wrap Error
    ... does indeed report previous conditions. ... You can ignore the BPA on this issue, and could even hide the alert, if you ... I recently ran SBS2003 BPA which reported a Journal Wrap condition. ... These looked successful as far as event logs have reported. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Startup error events in Exchange
    ... What is the exact event logs are your pointing to? ... there is no risk if the remote user connects to the server while ... The error shows up in the performance summary report because all Event Log ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange services not starting...
    ... newbie. ... "seth" wrote: ... >> nothing in the event logs other than the standard entry that the services ... >> tia, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: disk cleanup & fragmentation
    ... I was wrongly thinking like chkdsk logs, ... written to the Event logs. ... Methinks not so. ... You get the Report by running Analyse in Disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)